Entrant DPA Architects
Project Partners Simon Construction Limited (Construction Company). Holmes Consulting Group (Engineer), DPA Architects (Architect/Designer)
Owned by Church Property Trustees
St Bartholomew’s is recognised as the oldest surviving church in Canterbury, with the first section opening in 1856. The opportunity was taken to repair damage caused by the 2011 earthquakes and remediate any deferred maintenance. New foundations were required, which meant the church had to be lifted placed on rollers and moved clear to enable them to be put in place. The congregation are delighted with the work which will hopefully see the church survive for another 160 years.